Schedule for Obama’s India Visit: Nov 5-9, 2010
|Friday, Nov 5:
Depart for India
|Saturday, Nov 6:|
|1. President’s statement at the Taj Hotel, Mumbai where he’s staying, to commemorate the Mumbai terror attacks.
2. Visit to Gandhi Museum.
3. Business summit organized by the U.S.-India Business Council.
|Sunday, Nov 7:|
|1. Visit a local school in Mumbai.
2. Participate in Diwali celebrations.
3. Town hall meeting with university students. On the margins of that town hall, three will be a couple of roundtables that focus on particular areas of partnership that the U.S. and India are pursuing. One is on agriculture and food security.
4. Travel to New Delhi.
5. Visit Humayan’s tomb.
6. Private dinner with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Michelle Obama and Mrs. Singh
|Monday, Nov 8:|
|1. Wreath-laying at Mahatma Gandhi’s grave.
2. Bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Singh. Press conference after that bilateral meeting.
3. Meetings with other Indian officials. (Specifics not available)
4. Address the Indian Parliament in the afternoon.
5. State Dinner
|Tuesday, Nov 9:|
|Leave for Jakarta.|