f

divi

• Page:

TOPIC: Pravasi Bharatiya divas .....

Pravasi Bharatiya divas ..... 6 years 11 months ago #56

• Satish
  • Junior Boarder
The Pravasi Bharatiya divas is a complete farce. It is only for those richi rich NRIs who can bring in money and not like simple middle class NRIs like me. I have also contributed to remittances to my country, even I love India, even I am a NRI, then why can't the tickets be reasonably priced. Why can't I participate. The government should consider revamping the event. It is not only the rich businessmen who you should be proud of and run after, we simple working class NRIs also make the country proud. Or don't we, Mr Prime Minister?

Pravasi Bharatiya divas ..... 6 years 11 months ago #226

• Satish
  • Junior Boarder
The Pravasi Bharatiya divas is a complete farce. It is only for those richi rich NRIs who can bring in money and not like simple middle class NRIs like me. I have also contributed to remittances to my country, even I love India, even I am a NRI, then why can't the tickets be reasonably priced. Why can't I participate. The government should consider revamping the event. It is not only the rich businessmen who you should be proud of and run after, we simple working class NRIs also make the country proud. Or don't we, Mr Prime Minister?

Pravasi Bharatiya divas ..... 6 years 11 months ago #227

• Nivedita
  • Fresh Boarder
@Satish It is not a farce. It showcases the power of oversees Indians. And there has to be some way to control the crowd. If everyone was allowed to participate the event managers wouldn't know what and where to start and end. And NRIs are attractive to the Indian government for their money, and why should they not be? Afterall the country has given them so much, it deserves to be paid back at some point.

Pravasi Bharatiya divas ..... 6 years 11 months ago #228

• Anandita
  • Fresh Boarder
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is a fun event. Last year I attended it and was really fascinated by the cultural events, seminars, and side events. I met so many people there and have been in touch with them for the past year. It gave me some amazing new friends. It truely makes me feel like a global Indian. I wish I could attend this year...unfortunately, work beckons[url=http://]Title[/url].
  • Page: