f

divi

• Page:

TOPIC: DADT repelled by Senate

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #54

• Anandita
  • Fresh Boarder
The Don't Ask don't tell (DADT) bill has finally cleared the Senate and waiting for the final nod from President Obama!!! The U.S. Congress has finally realized that being gay does not mean that you are weak, incompetent, or any less willing and able to serve than the heterosexuals. It is a big day for the gay and LGBT community in the U.S. and world over. Now I hope the military will follow through and gays will be considered just as normal a part of the society and army as any other.

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #220

• Anandita
  • Fresh Boarder
The Don't Ask don't tell (DADT) bill has finally cleared the Senate and waiting for the final nod from President Obama!!! The U.S. Congress has finally realized that being gay does not mean that you are weak, incompetent, or any less willing and able to serve than the heterosexuals. It is a big day for the gay and LGBT community in the U.S. and world over. Now I hope the military will follow through and gays will be considered just as normal a part of the society and army as any other.

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #221

• Satish
  • Junior Boarder
Are you crazy, woman!?! DADT repel will only make lives harder for the gay community. You have know idea how these army people are. If they hate gays and consider them sub-standard, they are going to make sure that the gays in their midst know it and regret it. I doubt if they will be considered equally for promotions and honors. Atleast the law kept the gays safe, and allowed them to serve their country. Now they will have to live in constant fear.

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #222

• Sammy
  • Fresh Boarder
Satish, I think you are the crazy one casting aspersions on our armymen. Repelling the law will not mean endangering out gay army personnel, it would infact secure them from abuse. They can now stand up and be proud of who they are and feel prouder about the country and army they serve. The DADT repel was long coming, and it will only bring greater benefits to the community and the army as a whole.

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #223

• Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Don't read too much into this DADT repel. All that has happened is that Obama wanted to stick to at least one of his election promises and so brought this about. As soon as he is gone, the repel will be gone too. And it is not long before he goes. So don't rejoice too much, its just another round of politics and nothing more.

DADT repelled by Senate 6 years 11 months ago #224

• Nivedita
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with Mike, Obama is only trying to fulfill his election promises. Maybe he could have saved the energy on DADT and used it for better bipartisan solutions to the recession and the START treaty. He has spent his political capital on the wrong things. DADT is a non-issue. The next Republican govt will repeal the repeal.
  • Page: